Wednesday, July 26, 2006

7/23/06 - Day 7 - Paris


Today we did 2 rides. Doug and I got lost in Paris for a couple hours. Funny story. My injuries on this ride were nothing compared to the two hospitalizations that occurred but mine was kind of funny. The drawstring on my shorts wrapped itself around me in a most hazardous fashion causing what can best be described as a very small, very nasty rope burn. I'm glad today's rides were short. Motionbased.com has the rides.

Then we did a group ride about 9:00. Great time. Culminated with some laps with a bunch of other cyclists on a bike track.

Watched the final laps for the Automobile Club on the Champs.

The access we had to the riders at the end was unbelievable. We jumped a couple barriers c'est voila! That's me at the Phonak team bus. Don't remember who's bike it was next to me.

Doug disappeared for about 12 hours and pretty much drank everywhere in Paris. One member of our group got lucky enough to go to the Discovery Team Party but she's not sharing any stories (or pictures) with us.

No comments: