Wednesday, July 26, 2006

7/19/06 - Day 3 - Col de Glandon

Today was the hardest ride of the trip in my opinion. Even though the mountains kind of screwed with my GPS reception you get a feel for what this was like. Almost 4,000 feet of climbing in 10 miles. Brutal.We had a nice surprise with Kevin Livingston being our guest tour guide today. Before the ride I asked anyone who was listening what the weather was going to be like. This guy shouts out that it's going to be pouring. I looked up at the clear blue sky as far as the eye could see and said, "Are you sure?" He said, "POURING."

I said to the guy next to me, "I think this dude is fucking with me but I think it's Kevin Livingston so I don't want to say anything. After the ride started I told him that and he said that it was going to be pouring sweat today. He also offered to carry my rain jacket if it was too heavy for me to carry. Just a scenic shot here.
We rode up to the Col de Glandon and hung out there for a couple hours and waited for the tour to come through. Good times.


Afterwards we rode back the way we came. It was as if Moses and his people had RVs at the time of Exodus in the old testament. It must have taken an hour to ride past them all in the traffic Jam that followed.We finished at the bottom of big climb and took a bus back to the hotel. The bus driver was a maniac.

No comments: